View related sites
Cambridge English Language Assessment
Why Cambridge English?
Watch 360 degree speaking test videos in Cardboard
Welcome to Beta 360, helping students experience one of the Cambridge English speaking tests in an immersive (Virtual Reality) world. Watch this for a flavour of what we are up to:
To experience the virtual speaking test yourself, grab your Cambridge English 360 goggles (Google Cardboard), read through the following instructions, and then hit the [PLAY] button at the end:
1. When you hit play, Youtube should automatically launch. You need to be in the YouTube app, not the website.
2. Our video will launch automatically. Try moving around for a 360 view. Now switch to goggles mode by tapping the cardboard icon bottom right of screen. You'll notice that the screen splits into two smaller screens.
3. Next step is to optimise for your specific goggles. Tap the cog icon.
4. Scan the goggles-shaped QR code underneath your goggles to configure (you only need to do this once)
5. Place phone in the goggles. Close securely and put them on. Tap Play / Pause by poking your finger through the hole to touch the screen.
6. Follow our test taker as she enters the test centre!
Was that interesting? Please check out our beta site for more of our works in progress. Sign up if you want occasional updates straight to your inbox.
For more 360 videos, try these: