The winners of the 2012 Cambridge ESOL IATEFL Scholarships have been announced:
- Ana Cabral, La Casona del Sur – ELT, Uruguay – Best Practice in Teacher Training
- Emese Enyedi, Teleki Blanka Gimnázium, Hungary – Best Practice in State Education
- Cristina Rodriguez, EOI Santiago de Compostela, Spain – Best Practice in Language Assessment
- Raluca Sârghie, National College Mesota, Romania – Peter Hargreaves Scholarship
- Margaret Swannock, Australian Catholic University, Australia – Best Practice in English for Academic Purposes
Winners submitted essays demonstrating their skill, insight and innovation across a range of teaching areas: ‘We were delighted with the number and standard of entries for this year’s scholarships’ says Christine Nuttall, Director of Communications and Stakeholder Relations at Cambridge ESOL. ‘Our winners show that English language teaching remains a dynamic profession where highly dedicated individuals work hard to make sure their students perform to the best of their ability.’
The scholarships are offered by Cambridge ESOL in association with IATEFL – the International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language. They are awarded for best practice in teacher training, state education, language assessment, and English for academic purposes. An additional scholarship, the Dr Peter Hargreaves Scholarship, is presented in memory of a former Chief Executive of Cambridge ESOL. Winners enjoy an all expenses paid trip to the 2012 IATEFL Conference, to be held in Glasgow, Scotland, in March 2012.
Details of the 2013 Scholarships will be announced at the IATEFL Conference in March 2012.