There is no pass or fail and all children receive a certificate which shows how many shields they have received (out of a maximum of five) for each part of the test.
An A2 Flyers certificate is a great way to celebrate children’s achievement, build their confidence and reward their own individual ability.
A result of one shield means a child can improve a lot in that skill. Five shields mean that a child did very well in that skill and answered most questions correctly.
The back of the certificate shows how results align to the CEFR. If a child has achieved 4 or 5 shields in each skill, they are ready to start preparing for the next Cambridge English exam – A2 Key for Schools.
A new Statement of Results
For exams taken from 1 September 2020, each student will receive a certificate and a Statement of Results.
The Statement of Results includes:
- the number of shields they have received for each part of the test
- information on their strengths
- areas for improvement
- and ideas on how to improve.
Take a look at an example Statement of Results.
Bilingual Statement of Results
The new Statement of Results will be available in English as well as bilingual versions in the following languages:
Take a look at an example in Spanish.
How do I access the Statement of Results?
Schools and parents will be able to access learner results directly through their preparation centre and our Online Results Service as soon as they’re available.
- Preparation centres will need to be registered by their exam centre before they can access the Online Results Service. If you do not have access to this, please contact your authorised exam centre.
- Parents and learners can access their Statement of Results on our free Online Results Service for candidates. Please contact your authorised exam centre who will provide the registration details.